Mindy Megerth is NextGen Park County’s first 2021 Featured Member. She recently sat down with current Vice President Wade McMillin for a brief question-and-answer session.
1. Mindy, you have now been in NextGen Park County for a little over a year. What have you taken away from your experience so far?
“Being a part of NextGen Park County has been so fulfilling. I am truly passionate about giving back and being surrounded by like-minded people.”
2. You have truly made leaps and bounds since joining, and you are now serving as President. What does that mean to you?
“I could not be prouder to be apart of this amazing group and am honored to serve as the President. We have such a great group and I know we are going to continue to do great things together.”
3. What do you hope the group can accomplish under its new leadership?
“I could not be prouder to be a part of this amazing group and am honored to serve as the President! We have such a great group and I know we are going to continue to do great things together.”
4. You moved to Cody with your husband, Mike, recently. What do you think about Park County so far?
“We moved here in October of 2020; I also had lived here for about 6 years previously. I absolutely love Park County. I am so grateful to live in this beautiful place, and I love the people in this community.”
5. I understand you were also very charitable during your time in Billings. Please tell us about that—what experiences you had, how you hope to implement similar ideas in Park County.
“Giving back is my ‘why’ in life. I was very involved in several nonprofit groups in Billings—especially the Exchange Club. We coordinated several fundraisers and volunteered at numerous events. We did everything from serving drinks, litter pickup, basketball tournaments—I was even Snow White at the Billings Zoo for Halloween one year, which was a blast! I definitely learned a lot in the years I served in Billings, and I am very excited to utilize those skills and grow even more here with NextGen.”
The NextGen Park County membership is comprised of young adults of various professions, and the organization benefits from its membership’s diverse skill sets and strong work ethics.